It is only two days away from our favorite spooky holiday, and all involved with the scare tactics and eerie feelings will come about in the weekend. There is an assortment of Halloween activities in the next couple days including Haunted Houses, costume contests, trick-or-treat plans and much more. Here is a brief overview of activities to available to close out October.
- Nightmare on 4th Street/Fear Factory - Open til Midnight all through Sunday.
Grand Meadow Haunted House - 630th Street and D Avenue. 30-31st 7 to Midnight.
Ghost Bus Tour – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Take a tour through Sioux City and stumble upon places of paranormal activity. Departs at Rhonda’s Speak Easy, and lasts about an hour and a half.
- Briar Cliff Haunted Tunnels – Tonight is the final night at the Heelan Hall. Closes at 10pm.
Trick –or-Treating Events:
- Sioux City Public Museum - will hold a Halloween event for all historic-minded trick or treaters. Kids can stop by the historic Museum, 2901 Jackson St., from 6 to 8 p.m., Saturday, Oct. 31.
Southern Hills Mall – Mall wide, store-to-store Trick-or-Treat event. 6-8 on the 31st for children 13 and younger.
- St. Thomas Episcopal Church - Trunk-or-Treat event from 5-6 on the 31st. Welcome to all the public.
- Halloween at the “Y” – Sunday, 6-8 the Siouxland Y will be hosting an event for children with the Haunted Trail!
Other events being held this weekend:
- IBP Ice Rink will have a ‘Halloween Skate’ from 1pm-3pm on Sunday. Costume contest at 2:30 with prizes of an iPod, Musketeer tickets, and free skating passes.
- The classic film, Ghostbusters, will have an exclusive showing at the Orpheum Theater from 3pm-8pm on Sunday.
- Zombie Walk will be held on Saturday. Gathering will happen around 5 for free make-up, and the walk beginning at 6.