Anyone can ‘beSomebody’…will you?
‘beSomebody’ is a campaign on good citizenship, doing the right thing, role modeling, reducing bullying, and eliminating alcohol and other drug abuse. This initiative provides direction to youth and adults to show that in order to make positive change, we must start with ourselves by displaying good character and standing up for what is right.
The ‘beSomebody’ campaign is an outcome of many Siouxland groups and agencies coming together behind this powerful and positive message. Siouxland CARES, the United Way of Siouxland, and the Waitt Institute for Violence Prevention were the founding parties and quickly joined by the Sioux City Community Schools and Bishop Heelan Catholic Schools to drive the ‘beSomebody’ across our communities young adults and children.
You have a role as well. There are several ways to beSomebody and help. All you can do right now!
- Be a role model in our community. Displaying good character and standing up for what is right is something we all need to practice every day.
- Become a beSomebody participant. It is not a lot of work. It’s just a little something you can do to help youth take notice of what beSomebody stands for.
- Provide some incentives to recognize students who join the beSomebody initiative.
- Pick a day where your business is willing to do a special promotion like “buy 1-get 1 free”and we’ll help you promote your beSomebody message.
- Put the beSomebody logo on your company signboards, billboards, stationery, and website.
- Display beSomebody posters or window clings in your windows or lobbies.
- Give. Consider a gift to the beSomebody initiative to help purchase beSomebody resource materials for the schools or for community display. Just a little something to help us get out the beSomebody message.
Many Siouxland Community businesses and organizations have already joined in and jumped on board. You can too.
Contact Siouxland CARES at 712-255-3188 to schedule the day to promote your business.
-Linda Phillips & Jason Glover with Siouxland CARES