We hope you’re having an enjoyable little Friday here in Siouxland…
In recent Chamber news, “101 Ways to take Advantage of the Chamber” has relinquished its throne amongst the ‘holy grail’ that is the Siouxland Chamber blog site.
41) Location, Location, Location- You have an excellent tool at your finger tips in utilizing a Chamber that has members from three different states! You can do business and meet people across state lines; a luxury not every business has.
42) The Chamber is a multi-faceted company- We specialize in having our hands in just about everything that goes on in the community whether it be area events (Fridays on the Promenade, ISU Tailgate etc.), to economic development, to quality of life initiatives, name it and we do it!
43) The Staff- Our staff is aligned perfectly to format all different types of business. We have individuals who are geared towards moving the community and your business in to the 21st century productively & effectively. Our staff specializes in technology, marketing, promotion, running an effective budget, and lobbying for the community at the state and federal level.
44) Quick resources- If your product or business can benefit from another business here in the community we will point you in the right direction. We have over 1,000 members to pick from to aid you in getting started and flourishing.
45) Want to market an event?? Great, we will help you! We can do two blogs a year for each company, we can do a guest blog, we can help get the event out in area papers, and the Siouxland Business Journal.
46) Schedule an appointment- Not sure whether you want to be a member or if you want to start a business? Call down to the Chamber and ask for Beth, the Director of Investor Relations. She will take you through the process and any questions you may have .
47) Know what’s going on!- There is always something going on in Siouxland, if you don’t think there is…come to this blog. We will feature nearly every entertainment activity throughout Siouxland. The Chamber understands that business coupled with quality of life is crucial and we want to make sure its members are enjoying what the community has to offer.
48) Giveaways!- Check this blog or our website every now and again, because we will be giving away tickets to events, prizes etc.
49) Politics and Business- You could have one fantastic product and you could even be a great businessman/woman. With that being said, there are still so many different areas to cover when having a successful company. We lobby for you and the community to receive tax breaks and necessary funding to boost the community and take pressure off of you.
50) Trouble seeing the future…? Yea, we have that problem too . I think everyone does, but we like to think we know a little about the community and its people and would love to sit down and help foresee outcomes that are short and long term with your company.
Well, that’s all for now Siouxland. Don’t forget to come on out to Chesterfield’s for the ISU Tailgate party tomorrow. We don’t care if you’re “Rock-Chalk Jayhawkin” or “movin’ your body like a Cyclone,” we’re all about fun tomorrow!
-Ian Banks, Social Media Intern